Wednesday, February 8, 2012

nature nurture not-it



A couple days ago Burl was running around, doing cool moves, baiting anyone and everyone for wrestling and somewhere along the line, he repeatedly proclaimed, "I'll do it when I'm dead!!!"

I thought it was hilarious and amazing that he'd have this idea - cribbed or original - and think it bore repeating. A clear and strong memory I have of my father is his very similar refrain, "I’ll sleep when I'm dead." Obviously a weird little echo there. I told this to Burl. Dinner table discussion ensued, ending with Ivo asking, "Does your dad have an accent?"

Where to begin? "And how!" I told him. And then I corrected the verb tense.



Am I old-fashioned because, even in the digital age, I like 2 spaces after a period?

Pictures from 4 Feb 2012. We walked through the golf course to a nighttime sliding party. VERY FUN!!! The weekend weather was so nice, we went again on Sunday.

No comments: